3 quarts of shredded raw red beets
1 quart of shredded raw cabbage
1 quart of shredded raw carrot
1 tbsp of caraway seed
4 large outer leaves of cabbage that have been wilted in boiling water (one for
Body Ecology Vegetable Starter -1 envelope is recommended.
1 tbsp of Agave to feed the starter
4 one-quart wide mouth canning jars with lids.
A Cusinart or a hand grinder to run the raw vegetables through
Lasagna pan to place the jars in
1. Heat ½ cup water until it is 92 degrees or when dropped on your wrist that you
cannot feel it. (Lukewarm) Then put the starter and Agave into the water and
let sit 20 minutes to activate the beneficial bacteria.
2. Mix the vegetables and put 2 cups into a blender with 2 cups of water blend to
make a thick juice.
3. Stir in the starter and mix into the vegetables tossing with the caraway seed.
4. Pack into the 4 jars pressing down leaving 2 inches of head space. You can use a
potato masher if desired. Pack this space with the wilted cabbage leaf. Loosen
lids and sit in an area of 70 - 75 degrees for 4 days.
5. After 4 days tighten the lids, wash the jars off and store in refrigerator up to
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your health care professional.
© 2022 Changes by Carol
Designed by Pelican Commerce.