By: Halleluyamma Devarapalli
1 ½ Cups Red or Yellow Lentils
3 Cups Water
4 Carrots, chopped in hunks
1 Medium Squash, zucchini type
¼ Cup Tamarind Paste
1 ½ Tablespoons Curry Powder
1 Tablespoon Mustard Seeds
1 Tablespoon Black Grain, optional
1 Tablespoon Cumin Seed
2 Dried Red Chilies
1 Red Onion, chopped
4 Tablespoons Oil
2 Curry Leaves
1. Rinse the lentils under water and add to the pressure cooker with the chopped carrots and water. Bring to a whistle and cook 5 minutes
2. Make juice out of the tamarind past by squeezing the paste in some water. Seeds are like stone and you will have fiberious pieces that will not dissolve. Strain and add the juice to the cooked lentils.
3. Put the cooked mixture into a blender until smooth.
4. Add back to the pot. To this add the chopped squash and curry powder to the soup. Add more water if thinner soup consistency is desired.
5. In a separate pan heat the oil and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, black grain seeds, and onions. Saute this mixture. Add curry leaves after a minute.
6. Add to the cooked lentils. Let this mixture cook until the squash is done.
7. Salt to taste. Garnish with chopped Cilantro.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …Content on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your health care professional.
© 2021 Changes by Carol
Designed by Pelican Commerce.