1 or 2 6oz. Containers of Organic Crunchy Sprouts “The Sproutman” - Peas, Aduki, and Lentil
1 Drop Lemongrass Essential Oil
4 Tbsp. Grapeseed Oil
1 Medium Red Onion, finely chopped
2 Inch Piece Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Curry Powder
½ tsp. Garam Masala
1. Rinse the bean sprouts. Cover with water in a bowl and add 1 drop of lemongrass essential oil. Let stand while you prepare the rest.
2. Chop the ginger and garlic. Put in pedestal and mortor dish. Hand grind to blend the flavors.
3. Saute the onion in the grapeseed oil until lightly brown or begin to caramelize over low heat. Then add the garlic and ginger mixture. Let cook slowly a few minutes. Do not overcook the garlic. Overcooking will then give the garlic a funny burned taste if left too long to saute.
4. To the pan add the curry powder. Lightly warm the curry powder.
5. Rinse the bean sprouts and add to pan.
6. In another small skillet warm the oil. To this add the teaspoon of the ground cumin seeds.
7. Scrap oil into the sprouts. Stir, cover and simmer a few moments to desired texture.
8. Add garam masala to the mixture. Salt and pepper to taste if desired and/or add some fresh ground Melegueta (Optional).
In this recipe, the steps have to be followed. It is like making perfume with different notes which will combine at the end for this unique flavor.
DO NOT ADD THE SEASONINGS ALL AT ONE TIME!!!